Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dont look if your squeamish!

The last nail in a foundered QH stud and he ripped his foot forward and I ended up with 5 stitches. Which of course got infected cuz I went right back to work the next day. But I took stitches out today and other then puffy and red from it abcessing, its ok.


Gotta say I have pretty red in me! Heres the good part...it was a Saturday so La Loma Luz was not open except for emergencies. I walked in at 4:12, saw a Doc by 4:20 and was stitched and out by 4:42. $135.00 BZ dollars. I was lucky the emergency room was quiet.
Whats really crazy was the nail that went in and out of my thigh last month like a fish hook. Another stud, but a young race horse with out the best manners. I had turned the nail over but not far enough I guess, he ripped his foot forward and I held. It went past the apron, thru the shorts and hooked me. I was able to lift my leg off it before he ripped it completely through. So now I have two little peas of hard fatty tissue in my thigh. I thought they would absorb when I saw them sticking out, but NO. No doc for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment