Monday, May 2, 2011

AG FAIR 2011- FIRST PLACE!










He is in a growth spurt and looked alil thin but he is soooo handsome. AND he was a total ham, loved all the attention in his stall and licked kids and begged for treats. The plan will be to show him for the next few years, hopefully take Grand Champion Bull at some point...


Funniest thing at the Ag Fair was my sliding off the synthetic saddle in the barrel race...IT WAS SOO FUNNY! I was laughing before I hit the ground. 47 yrs of showing and I had never come off in an arena...Trying to be really light handed as he was in a old style curb and is usually in a lil snaffle, owner p.od at his cowboys, but I thought it would be ok...I now know if I am in a saddle to big for me, and its synthetic, I NEED THE HORN! Im not even 100% sure what happened. I know he popped up as I had just sat and put weight to the outside, went to turn and just kept going. LORD WHAT A HOOT! I bounced back up, got on and re turned the 2nd barrel then had a great third barrel. Must say not the way I had hoped to start out my barrel career in Belize, but hey it can only get better now!


No comments:

Post a Comment